Every morning, I'm faced with the challenge of making a lunch for Blaise that he will actually eat! He gets pretty picky so I can't sway too far from the good ole fashion classics. But, there is a way to mix up the typical lunches for a better, more nutritiuos kid meal!
Here are some of my lunch go-to's:
- Classic PB and J. And a great suggestion from one of my twitter followers: Mix it up by putting the peanut butter and jelly on banana bread. Or even slice a banana and put in between the bread.
- Turkey meatballs
- Cream cheese and jam bagel
- Cheese quesadilla
- Pasta with parmesan cheese
- Sliced-up hot dogs or mini corn dogs
- Cereal with a side of milk
- Granola with yogurt and fruit
- Mini raviolis
- Mac and cheese
- Turkey wrap
- Turkey and cheese panini
- Rice with teriyaki chicken
- Green beans
- Corn-on-the-cob or canned corn
- String cheese
- Cooked baby potatoes
- Fruit. Some of Blaise's favorites are: Grapes, raspberries, blueberries, sliced and peeled kiwis, sliced apple/pears and watermelon balls.
- Cooked broccoli with ranch side
- Cooked baby carrots
- Cooked sweet potato half
- Rice with corn and peas
Hope some of these ideas help you pack more creative lunches in the morning! Let me know what your go-to lunches are for your kids.